Wednesday, October 30, 2013

As you know by now, I am all about fast meals!  I needed to get a prescription at Target last night and still make supper, eat, and get to Wellspring practice all by 5:30.  I decided chicken chili would be easy and quick.  I actually made it using a rotisserie chicken.  You could cook chicken in the crock pot all day and shred it, but........why? :)  I bought the southwest chicken because it has a little kick to it.  I simply put tomato sauce (two cans), chili beans (two cans), Rotell chilies and tomatoes (The small can.  I used hot but you can use mild if you don't like spice), and a bag of frozen corn -steamed first-  in a pot.  I added 1 1/2 T each of cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and minced onion.  While this began simmering, I shredded the chicken and added it.  That is it.  It is a meal that tastes like it took hours and is perfect for  a chilly day (pun intended).  :)  In fact,  I thought I would have lunch today but my family ate 2 or 3 helpings each!  I will do this again for sure! In my picture you will see tomato juice as well.  I bought it thinking it may be too thick, but it was not and I did not use it.  You could add some if you like your chili runnier. 

I used my Pilates chair today for my workout.  I like to use a variety of things so I don't get bored as easily.  There are some great moves you can do without a chair as well.  I posted a link below.   I love Fitness magazines website when I need new workout ideas.  I find switching it up often not only causes my body to change and adapt, but also keeps me from having an excuse not to work out due to not being motivated. 

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/pilates/exercises/

No comments:

Post a Comment