Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Now that I am on a roll with eating healthier, I think it is time I work on my six-pack. :)  I am half-joking, but I think as moms this is always a trouble spot.  It seems like I can do a zillion crunches and a billion planks and still have that famous mommy pooch.  Sigh.  Kangaroo moms have it so easy.  I have finally figured out that eating healthy has to be first.  You can have fantastically strong abs, but it does no good if they are hidden under a layer of fat.  So, continue to eat healthy AND work your abs.  My favorite way to do this is by using my stability ball.  The stability ball works the whole core which not only helps with your abs but also things like posture (which is awesome because it makes you look more skinny than you are....score!).  I have attached a link to both a yummy recipe I made all the time this summer and a stability ball workout.  With the workout, I also throw in a minute plank in between reps.  Planks suck BIG time, but they are effective.  With the chicken meal, be sure to use turkey bacon to keep it healthy.  I have found wrapping the bacon around the chicken and securing with a toothpick  as oppossed to crumpling it on top helps hold the juice in the chicken. So wrap it on, cook for 20 minutes (350 if you are using the oven), brush with BBQ, cook for 10 more minutes, add cheese and cook until melted.   Also, my recipe says to grill but if you suck at being a Minnesotan like I do (brrrr), you can make it in the oven too.

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/abs/express/ab-toning-stability-ball-workout/


http://www.pinterest.com/pin/57280226484042850/



No comments:

Post a Comment