Friday, November 1, 2013

 This crust was already made! All I had to do was add toppings!!!!!
Yesterday was Halloween and a very, very bad eating day.  I brought Oreos and gummy worms for my students and by 2:30, I had eaten my weight in Oreos and consumed more worms than the early bird.  However, that did not stop me from eating a ton of candy while my kids were trick-or-treating and handing out candy!  I always say I won't beat myself up over a bad day, but today was time to get back on track.  That is the thing about a bad day.  You have to be sure it does not lead into a week of bad days.  We all have occasional "cheat days" and we need them!    Normally, Friday night is my cheat meal and we order pizza.  I decided since yesterday was so full of junk for all of us, I would opt for a healthier homemade pizza.  The best part was, I even found personal size for the kids (including my biggest kid)  so it would be fun for them to make.  These were not whole grain, but I don't worry about this as  much for my little people (or my big guy :)) The pizza crust I bought was 100% whole wheat.  I brushed it with a little olive oil and then added some sauce, a little cheese, and TONS of veggies.  It was delicious!  I was a little weary of how the crust would taste since it was so healthy, but it was really really good.  The best part about homemade pizza is you can make it just the way you want.  I think I may do this more often on Friday nights! 

I also did a HIIT workout this morning because I was feeling sluggish.  It was a great way to get myself back into a  healthy mindset!

No comments:

Post a Comment