Monday, October 28, 2013

Today was about as Monday as Mondays get!  Monday's are extra crazy around my house because Danika has dance class.  I turned to one of my very easy but healthy choices tonight.  It is so tempting to go through McDonalds on dance nights, but if I have easy ingredients on hand  I am much less likely to do so.  (Okay, sometimes I still go through just for the kids and eat 3 or 10 fries).  Actually, I did that tonight.  But then I ate this next :)  I think the broccoli cancels out the 15 or so fries. 

I actually use store bought chicken for this so it is even easier.  I buy the kind in the lunch meat section that is precooked and for salads.   It works just as well for this kind of meal and is way quicker than grilling or baking up the chicken to use.   In a bowl mix 1 cup of milk, 1 packet of chicken bouillon, and 4 T flour.   Add the chicken and one bag of steamed broccoli and stir.  I buy the frozen steam in bag broccoli.  You do need to steam it first.   Pour the mixture into a cassorle dish.  Add shredded cheddar cheese to the top.  Bake it for 30 mintues at 350.  That is it.  It's done.  The leftovers are really yummy too!  

I worked my legs today.  I was feeling a little lazy, so I just did it while I watched HLN in the morning.  I simply did squats for a minute, rest, tip toes for a minute, rest.  Repeat 3 times each.  Lunges for a minute, rest, Jumping squats for a minute, rest.  Repeat 3 times.  Lazy and short, I know.  Like I said, it's so Monday.  :)  Remember, doing something is still WAY better than doing nothing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment