Monday, October 21, 2013

Sorry for the late post.  I am home with an ill child.  I decided to take advantage of being home and make a yummy lunch.  I thought I would share the recipe with you as well :)  I call it Onion Salsa Chicken.  Take two chicken breasts and place them in a crock pot.  Cut up half of a large onion and place it on top of the chicken.  Mix together 1 cup of milk, 2 heaping T of onion powder, and 1 T of garlic powder.  Add 2T of flour to thicken it up.  Pour the mixture over the chicken.  Sprinkle the chicken with cumin powder.  Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6.  Shred the chicken.  Add one cup of salsa and continue cooking until warm.  Place in tortillas and add cheese and sour cream if desired (although it has a lot of flavor on its own too!)  When buying tortilla's look for corn tortillas or whole wheat ones.  As with the pasta I talked about before, be sure they are not enriched.  I am taking a break from workouts today to snuggle my sick baby.  I kinda like the fact she want to snuggle with me! I will post a new workout tomorrow.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment