Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Today was a whirlwind day!  A child with croup, meetings, and students.  I needed an easy supper that was quick, but I wanted to keep it healthy because I have been on a roll.  I made turkey sloppy joes, and there were YUMMY.  Start by browning one pound of ground turkey.  I seasoned mine with onion powder and Lawrys.  Add 1 cup of ketchup, 1/4 cup BBQ sauce, 2 T mustard, 1 t vinegar and 4T brown sugar (I used a substitute to keep it healthy). Simmer it for a while if there's time.  The longer it cooks, the more flavor it has.  Can you guess what I used for a bun? My favorite friend sandwich thins of course.  These things can be English muffins, garlic bread, and now buns.  They are the Bo Jackson of bread.  They were good, but you could use a bun as long as you avoid the dreaded enriched word.  The yellow in the pic is cheese.  I added a small slice of sharp cheddar.  For my workout today, I did a very fast kettle bell workout.  I was running behind and didn't sleep well.  I have found if I kick my butt out of bed and workout when I am tired, it actually wakes my up more.   Short post today, I have a paper to write.  Happy eating!



No comments:

Post a Comment