Monday, November 4, 2013

I have found that it is easy to come up with a healthy main course, but side dishes are more difficult.  Sure, you can always just throw a veggie on the side but sometimes you want something with a little more pizazz!  I love to make twice baked cauliflower.  I make mine without bacon to keep it healthier, but you could  use crumpled cooked turkey bacon if you wanted to add it.  All you need is a fresh head of cauliflower, some cream cheese, sour cream, and shredded cheddar cheese.  Since you are doing an entire head, the sour cream and cream cheese is not eaten in large quantities so it is still an okay side.   It tastes as good as potatoes and is waaaaay lower in carbs.  Yummy side dish that is guilt free??? Shut the front door!  The best part for me is my family won't eat it, so I get to enjoy it for about a week.  It reheats amazingly!!! 

Simply cut up the cauliflower and boil the pieces for about 12 minutes.  Mash it up until it is this consistency. 
Stir in half a cup each of sour cream and whipped cream cheese.  If you are adding turkey bacon, add it crumpled at this point as well.   Pour the cauliflower into a pan and sprinkle the cheese on top.  Bake it at 350 for about 35 minutes.  ENJOY.  It is seriously soooo goood!!!

This morning I did an interval run.  Similar to a HIIT workout, I run hard for one minute and walk for a minute.  Then I run for 2, walk for 2.  I continue this pattern until I do 10 and 10.  When I am running, I run as hard as I can.  When I walk, I do it at a 7 incline.  Its a killer workout, but I feel so accomplished when I finish! You will never regret doing a workout. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment