Tuesday, November 12, 2013

I got the idea to make parmesean chicken meatball from Pinterest, but none of the recipes I found sounded like chicken parmesean to me, soooooo I adapted it.  I took my regular chicken parm recipe and, well, I meatballed it :)  All you need is some ground chicken, string cheese, whole wheat bread crumbs, spaghetti sauce, 1 egg, and a small amount of flour. 
I started my sauce simmering right away so I could season it and let it cook.  I think it tastes better the longer it cooks.  I add garlic cloves, italian seasoning, and onion powder to my sauce.  Next, I made a "work station" of sorts so I could easily make the meatballs.  Put egg in one bowl, flour in one bowl, and split the string cheese into about thirds. 
Take a meatball sized chuck of chicken and form it into a ball around a piece of cheese.  Dip it in the flour first, then the egg, and finally the bread crumbs.  I put the balls into muffin tins so they would keep their shape. 

Bake the meatballs at 400 for about thirty minutes.  Meanwhile, cook your spaghetti noodles.  I LOVE Smart Taste noodles.  They taste exactly like white noodles, but they are not enriched.   The final product was amazing!!!!  I admit this is not the easiest recipe as far as time goes, but  I will make this again for sure!




No comments:

Post a Comment