Sunday, November 17, 2013


Walking Tacos.  The ultimate comfort food!  The only problem is, well,  you have to walk them off when you are done. :)  At least you did before.  I was in the organic food section at my grocery store the other day when I saw a bag of chips that looked like Doritos.  I read the label and found they were actually made from beans and were healthy.  I thought I would try them as a snack at first, but then decided to try them as a walking taco.  Let me tell you, they were good!  The texture was slightly different, but it had ALL the flavor.  Pair it with ground turkey, homemade taco seasoning, and your favorite veggie toppings and you have a  low calorie walking taco that is so yummy. 

To make the meat, brown one pound of ground turkey seasoned with a little Lawry's salt.  Once brown, add 1.5 T each of cumin, garlic powder, and chili powder.  Pour about 1/4 cup of water and stir it all in.  Let it simmer until it is all absorbed.   I crushed my chips in a baggie as shown, then put them in a bowl for easier eating.  The baggie was not as thick as a Dorito bag :)  My taco may look a bit boring to you because I don't like tomatoes, but you could add whatever toppings you like.  I really liked the taste of mine! 

I used about 3/4 of a cup or so.


No comments:

Post a Comment