Thursday, November 7, 2013

I love meatloaf as much as the average 80-year-old man, but I don't like the coronary heart disease that comes with it.  What if we could make a healthy, low calorie meatloaf??? Oh, that's right.  WE CAN! All we need is some ground turkey and a few other ingredients you likely already have.  I made this the other night and my husband actually said he liked it better than my old meatloaf! Add some green beans on the side or the twice baked cauliflower in my previous post and you have a very filling but low calorie and healthy meal.  I will be making this again for sure. 

Start with a pound of ground turkey.  Place it in a bowl and cover it with a 1/4 cup each of ketchup and BBQ sauce.  Add 1/8 cup of mustard, one egg, and about 1/4 cup shredded cheese.  Take about 5 whole wheat saltines (don't forget to read the label!) and crush them in a baggy until they are very fine.  Pour these on top as well.  Now for the ewe part!!! Fold it together with your hands until all the ingredients are mixed. 


Put it in a loaf pan and spread evenly.  Cook it for about 20 minutes then pour a can of tomato soup (no milk or water added) on top.  Continue cooking for about 10-15 more minutes.  Serve hot.  DUH.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment