Tuesday, December 3, 2013

One of my favorite fast but hearty dinners in the winter time is Tuna Noodle Casserole.  Of course, butter noodles, and cream of whatever soup is not on the top ten list of healthy foods!  I decided to "healthy it up" since it is such an easy but yummy recipe for those crazy week nights.  I used whole wheat noodles, milk with chicken bouillon, a little cream cheese, two cans of tuna,and some shredded cheese.  Oh, and peas.  Anyone who knows me knows how much I love peas.  I eat these things for a snack.  They are delicious!! 

Begin by boiling the noodles.  I used about half of a 12 oz bag.  This ended up being PLENTY.  I know what I am having for lunch.  For the next week.  :)  Drain them and put them back in the pot.  Meanwhile, mix together 1.5 cups of milk with 2 packets of the chicken bouillon.  Stir until most of the chunks are mixed in. 
Pour the mixture along with the tuna (undrained if you like tuna flavor, otherwise drain it for less of a tuna taste), 1/4 cup of whipped cream cheese, 1 cup of shredded cheese, and a steam bag of peas.  I did not cook the peas first and it worked just fine.    Stir it all together and cook until warm.  It doesn't get much easier than that!


No comments:

Post a Comment