Thursday, December 26, 2013

Wondering what to do with the leftover ham from Christmas?  Here is a great scalloped potato and ham recipe.  I used turkey ham and red potatoes in mine to keep it more healthy, but you can change it based on your preference.   I made this recipe with about 6 medium potatoes.  You will also need 2 cups of chicken broth, onion, garlic, (to taste, I used about half a small onion and about 1 T garlic) shredded cheese, milk, and chicken bullion.  Begin by bringing the chicken broth, chopped onion, and garlic to a boil.  While it is boiling, cut the potatoes to about the thickness shown in the picture. 
Once it is at a full boil, reduce the heat and add one cup of milk and one packet of chicken bouillon.  You can also use a can of cream of chicken soup instead if you prefer.   Layer the potatoes in the bottom of a casserole dish.  Pour the sauce over the top.  Add the chopped ham and cover the whole thing with shredded cheese. (Again to your taste.  I used about 3/4 a bag).
Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 40 minutes.  Check it after 30 as I use a stoneware pan and my oven is old.  Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment